Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome to My Poetry Website!

You are welcomed to view my poetry website. I will be delighted if you have a chance to tell me what you think. I know I may not have any graphics up right now, due to some technical difficulties, but if you take the time to read through my work and the work of other professional poets and songwriters, then you can well understand from my point of view.

Here is a link to my poetry website:
http://www2.k12.hi.us/~ddacoco/homepage.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi Desiree or should i say LUX_AETERNA95 ! (:

    Ok so what i liked about your poetry website is that you picked good poems and songs. Also, I liked the background colors, there so colorful. Your 5 step process are pretty good also. You showed that you understand that 5 step process because you gave examples and your own opinion. I agree with you that the songs you picked have moving and strong lyrics. On the poem "Boundary by Adrienne Rich" i didn't understand the poem at first. After reading your 5 step process on this poem, i kind of got the idea of the poem.
    On the other hand, your webpage skills could use a little bit more work. It was hard for me to navigate through your webpage because i had to click back to look at your song pages. Then to look at the poem or lyrics you had to open another page to read it. My suggestion for you is too just find a simple layout, that you can put all the links on one page so that it's easier for people to navigate through your webpage. In addition, i don't know if it's my computer or what, but i can't see any of your pictures ! Do you need help with secure shell? i would be happy to help you on secure shell, just ask (:
    Other than that, you did pretty good.

    - Kevin C.
    ^____^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey desiree,
    good job on your poetry website, at least you did it. I think you did a good job on doing the five step process on your poems and songs. I think you should have put the poetry definitions on a separate page because it made your homepage super long. I also think that you should put more pictures, like on your home page also. Also, on some of the pages, its hard to read the poem or song because the background is dark and so are the words. But overall, good job on doing your five step process on the poems and songs. Your self metaphor is good too. (;

    -kristen

    ReplyDelete